SOICS provides interactive English language training for eligible immigrant adults through the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program. In-class language instruction incorporates topics such as housing, banking, transportation and community resources that are essential to function and participate in Canadian society.
- The LINC program offers 3 language levels: Beginner (CLB Level 1-3), Intermediate (CLB Level 4-5) and Advanced (CLB Level 6-8)
- All LINC instructors have Teacher of English as a Second Language (TESL) Canada recognized credentials
- Licensed childminding facility for children aged 1 month to 5 years old available at no cost for parents/grandparents attending LINC class
- While enrolled in LINC class, students also have access to computer English language training software
- An English level placement test is conducted to determine your current CLB English level
- In-house resource lending library
- Fieldtrips catered towards using your learning in real life situations
The CLB-OSA is an online self-assessment tool for people who are interested in assessing their English as a Second Language (ESL). These tests are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and will assess your language proficiency in reading and listening.
How to Enroll? All of SOICS’ services are free for eligible immigrants. For more information on becoming a SOICS client and getting registered for LINC classes, please visit Getting Started at SOICS. To make an appointment, please call or visit one of our offices.